Cal Pot News.com is our winner!!! Congratulations and thank you everybody who entered to win. Hope to see you at the WCCE in San Francisco this weekend!
Tag yourself in this picture on our facebook page and you will be entered to win. It’s that easy!
Contest ends 10/6/11
Extract Bags has finally produced the 1 Gallon ice water extraction bags you have been requesting.
They hit the production line last week. You’ll see they are almost identical to their larger siblings (down to the side screens) except they are adorably small! These fit perfectly in your standard one gallon bucket and sit nicely in your kitchen sink
1 Gallon 4-Bag Set $95.00
1 Gallon 8-Bag Set $175.00
1 Gallon Single Bag $25.00
Don’t forget: Buying USA made non toxic products makes a difference!!
You can grab these in the store.
Sticky Marijuana for Making Bubble Hash
When a few grower friends and I got together recently for a bubblehash-making party, we made a list of the best marijuana strains to grow for making hashish.
We were working with several sets of extract bags from extractbags.com, and noticing as always the wide variability in the amount of resin glands in each of the different bags.
As you’ll recall from our previous article about making pure bubblehash, each extract bag has a screen with a particular pore size. The different pore sizes means that each bag catches, or lets through, different size resin glands.
The bags with the largest pore sizes, including the so-called “working bag” in which you do your initial mixing and settling of ice and marijuana, let through almost everything- including debris. But by the time you’re working with bags smaller than 160 microns, you’re starting to get almost-pure batches of resin glands.
It’s a THC celebration!
But when you want to mega-amplify your celebration of the amount of resin glands you get from each crop, you grow strains known for producing massive amounts of resin glands infused with THC. Here are some gooey, dripping with THC, marijuana strains that’ll load your bubble bags with resin glands…
• White Widow: This famous marijuana strain lives up to her name, but only if you get authentic White Widow genetics. You marvel over resin glands coating every available surface other than stems and hairs. Some people think this strain is too “old school,” but if resin glands for bubblehash are what you’re after, this is bubblehash heaven.
You’ll hear lots of arguments about how to get authentic White Widow genetics, but Green House Seed Company offers feminized seeds of this crystally marijuana for $30 a batch. Word is that White Widow is a medium feeder and light drinker during bloom phase, so only give her 1000 ppm max during peak bloom, and be sure to flush before harvest. You’ll wait eight to eleven weeks for a fully-matured crop. Monitor your resin glands to know when she’s ready. If you’re seeing your buds stretch after the seventh week, drop your lights to 10 on and 14 off. Enjoy the blizzard of THC you get from White Widow!
• Hashberry, from Mandala Seeds: I know, I know…this one is almost too easy. The word hash in the name gives it away. This cannabis gives you tight, dense, large buds with stunning amounts of resin glands. If you’re trimming for looks, your side leaves and even fan leaves will provide you plenty of material for making hashish. Hashberry is an Indica-dominant marijuana that should be ready in nine weeks.
Hydroponics growers with limited space favor it for SOG and/or super-cropping production, but you can also top-trim early in veg to create a very wide, squat and dense plant that provides huge yields of THC-laden buds. As with any hydroponics situation when your marijuana has developed dense buds, lay off the water and keep your hydroponics grow room humidity low to prevent gray mold after the buds have gotten solid and heavy with crystal. This sweet marijuana tolerates beginner growers, has a kind smell growing and cured, and retains its berry flavor even when you smoke the crystals as bubblehash.
• Sour Diesel: You know this hard-hitting strain of marijuana when you smell it. What do you smell? Spill some diesel fuel and you’ll be pretty close. People complain about the smell because it can’t be filtered out while you’re growing, even if you’re using the best hydroponics odor filters. And one reason to make bubblehash out of Sour Diesel is that if you store dried Sour Diesel bud even in the most locktight glass jar, you’ll still smell it. I personally like the smell.
Sour Diesel is almost all Sativa but it doesn’t feel like that when you smoke it. There is something in there that produces couchlock. One Sativa characteristic is long bloom time—you have to wait ten to twelve weeks before it’s ready to flush and harvest. But given this variety’s generous frosting of bubblehash resin glands, it’s worth it.
Be prepared to trellis or otherwise hold down this plant’s size. This kind of marijuana will go tall on you unless you flower early and cut back your bloom light cycle to 11 hours on, 13 hours off. The nugs will be like rock candy crystal, so when you make bubblehash with them, make sure to agitate the ice/marijuana mixture more than usual to knock all the resin glands off. It is hard to find genuine genetics of Sour Diesel or any other strain in the Diesel marijuana family. Try Reservoir Seeds, or Soma Seeds. If you trust a seed bank re-seller, ask them to tell you which if any breeders can offer you reliable Sour Diesel genetics, and tell us.
• Goo: The name tells you something, for sure. But try finding this sticky marijuana strain outside of California dispensaries or the insider circles of California marijuana connoisseur breeders. If you know where we can get some seeds from a legitimate re-seller, please share with us in the comments section. There are several varieties of Goo, some of which refer to color. The “real” Goo is a short Indica-dominant marijuana plant that sometimes displays blue or purple foliage and finishes around 60 days or slightly earlier. It does not give you massive yields, but you do get more resin glands per watt than with most other hydroponics strains.
• Hash Plant, from Sensi Seeds: Probably the first marijuana strain named for its tendency to produce lots of resin glands for hashish, Sensi Seeds has refined its Hash Plant over the years and is proud to speak of the strain’s Cannabis Afghanica heritage. A very fast finisher (43-56 days) and a kind of marijuana that forgives mistakes made by novice growers, you’re assured of getting a high percentage of resin glands and a sledgehammer high. Feed Big Bud , Bud Factor X and Overdrive to spur a tidal wave of THC production for any of the resin-happy strains I’ve mentioned in this article. The amount of resin glands you get from this legendary Hash Plant marijuana is so copious that these buds look like they’re dipped in THC varnish.
As more and more growers go for the efficiency of inhaling only resin glands instead of whole marijuana, the use of ice water extract bags to make bubblehash is becoming mega-popular. If you love hashish, it makes sense to grow marijuana strains that provide above average percentages of resin glands. Grow the strains we talked about just now, make your bubblehash, and enjoy the high!
Link to original article here.
Pure Essence~Extract Bags has confirmed our booth (#423) at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, CA on October 7th, 8th & 9th.
Friday Oct. 7th: 3pm-9pm
Saturday Oct. 8th: 11am-9pm
Sunday Oct. 9th: 11am-7pm
Looking forward to good music, good times & awesome seminars! Click the banner to see the full artist line up
2600 Geneva Ave. San Francisco, CA
We’ll be out at the Gold Country Fair in Auburn, CA this Saturday giving away FREE bag sets! Come by the Quail Mountain Ranch Hydroponics booth between 12-4 and enter the raffle. $300.00 value!!! :-P
This is a really nice fair up here in NorCal. Trees, grass & good family fun. Check it out!
Joseph won the Maximum Yield Magazine prize pack giveaway!! Your new 8-Bag Extract Bags kit + 220 Micron Washer Bag is headed your way Come back and share your ice water extraction adventures with us soon!
In all the craziness lately our Indoor Gardening Expo Raffle Winners didn’t get posted!
We appreciate everybody who came by the booth to show support, it was almost overwhelming. You all continue to amaze with your ice water extracting process tips & tweeks! Implementing your progressive ideas is how we remain ahead of the curve in our fast paced industry.
Without further ado….
Industry Day Winners:
The beautiful Carissa (and her beautiful grow) at Cal West Hydro!
Robyn of Western Sierra Nursery
Steve at Sweetwater Nursery in Arroyo Grande, Ca
Terry with Waterworks Hydroponics in Tacoma, WA
Public Day Winners:
Tim in Willow Creek, Ca
Ron in Mountain House, Ca
Wes in Redding, Ca
Jill in Bellvue, Co
We can’t thank you guys (& gals) enough!
We all had a great time at Maximum Yield’s Indoor Gardening Expo last weekend at the Fort Mason Center in San Francisco!
California was there with big numbers! It was awesome to see so many of our local customers & shops in one place. We also really enjoyed meeting all of our new retail partners and friends from all over the USA and abroad. Thank you for coming to our booth to get to know Pure Essence & Extract Bags better!
Our raffle winners have all been contacted & received their prizes now. Soon we’ll post them and their information in a ‘Winners Post’ so come check back later this weekSee ya at the next stop!!!